Kathy Schrader is uniquely qualified to protect our families and children:
• twenty five years, in private practice in Gwinnett County, representing clients in government, business and the private sector.
• serves as Municipal Judge for the City of Duluth and the City of Sugar Hill.
• served as Solicitor for the City of Duluth.
• Past President of the Gwinnett County Bar Association in 1995-1996. The Gwinnett County Bar Association received every award available from the State Bar of Georgia for local bar associations, including the President’s Award, under Kathy’s leadership. Kathy also held most other leadership roles for the GCBA and remains active as a volunteer today.
• twice been recommended as Qualified by the Judicial Nominating Commission of Georgia for the Gwinnett Superior Court.
• appointed to the Federal Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice in 2008, which is an advisory board to the President and Congress on issues surrounding juvenile justice and children in crisis.
• appointed by Governor Sonny Perdue and Governor Nathan Deal to the the Governor’s Office for Children and Families for 3 consecutive terms. GOCF serves children and families across Georgia.
- Chair, Governor’s Office for Children and Families Juvenile Justice Advisory Sub-Committee.
- Member, Governor’s Office for Children and Families Task Force on Children of Sexually Exploited Crimes.
• certified as a mediator and arbitrator by the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution.
• founder and director of Marriage Matters, a non-profit organization dedicated to the strengthening of marriages and the family.
• served on the former Children & Youth Coordinating Council which also assisted the children and youth of Georgia in crisis, in particular children subject to domestic violence and juvenile justice programs.
• advisory board of the Pregnancy Resource Center of Gwinnett.
• previously on the fundraising committee of the United Way Women’s Legacy of Gwinnett.
• 2008 Class of Women Out Front by Georgia Tech for her service to women and children.
• graduate of Leadership Gwinnett and active in the Gwinnett Chamber.
• Member of the Duluth Civitans and the Cornerstone Society of the Gwinnett Medical Center.